What’s the biggest draw to Bluffton, Ohio? In my unscientific appraisal of online information, the most prominent businesses are the Et Cetera Shop and Shannon Theatre. They show up at the top of search results and get excellent reviews. (Click the links to see what I mean.)
On Google, the Shannon Theatre currently has 24 reviews for an overall 4.8 stars (out of 5).
On Facebook, the Et Cetera Shop has drawn 30 reviews for an overall 4.9 star rating (out of 5).
The comments reflect the loyalty and love patrons have for these businesses and highlight their economic draw. Both make life more affordable!
What other Bluffton businesses would you spotlight?
- After shopping in the big box stores, I feel spoiled by the customer service at Family True Value Hardware, M & R Plumbing and Heating, and Vetter Lumber.
- Do you still want wood clothes pins? I can’t find them anywhere but Dollar General.
- How many times have Ten Thousand Villages, The Black Lab Trading Company, and Shirley’s Gourmet Popcorn Co. saved my butt when I needed a last-minute gift?
- The store I’m probably in most often? Community Markets. The place I go for specialty food items? The Food Store. Homemade sausage? The Dough Hook.
- And I can’t get over my good fortune in being able to buy–and get repairs for–a bicycle at CG Pro Bikes or a stove at Community Maytag.
The Bluffton business-customer love seems to go both ways. In 2015 and early 2016, at least ten businesses opened their doors to customers and clients. These new and established companies are below with links to their search results:
If you patronize new or established Bluffton businesses, you can contribute to their well-being with more than dollars. Writing a review gives viewers new reasons to exit the interstate or walk through the door.
Some of the most prominent places to write reviews are Google, Yelp, Tripadvisor, and Facebook. Here are some tips on writing reviews:
- Give short and specific pros and cons.
- Note when you were there and what it was like.
- Did anything special happen?
- What were your expectations?
- If you had a bad experience, don’t rant.
- Summarize your experience or recommendation.
When was the last time you wrote an online review? Are you a Bluffton booster?
If I missed any new businesses, please let me know! Wondering why I didn’t emphasize restaurants? That’ll be a whole new article. — PS