Do you struggle with generating social media topics for your business? If you go through periods of drought–where days, weeks, or even months go by without a post–it might be time to change your ways.
If you wait for inspiration to strike, your posts will probably be whatever is at your fingertips or at the top of your brain. That’s not a recipe for success!
I recommend having a serious brainstorming session, where you challenge yourself or your staff to come up with dozens of ideas. Let’s get the ball rolling:
- Congratulate your business neighbors and clients on new accomplishments
- Announce your membership in the chamber of commerce or other business organizations
- Give links to different parts of your website
- Explain how your business was created
- Place your business in a historical context
- Place your business in a global context
- Show employees in action
- Share news items relevant to your location or industry
- Educate your customer about product design, materials, sources, etc.
- Note employee anniversaries
- Welcome future visitors/thank recent visitors
- Promote charities you support
- Announce new products or services
- Note special hours or holiday closings
- Create a branded holiday greeting
Next, plug your ideas into a calendar. I like to use a paper calendar, where I pencil in ideas and then circle them when they’ve been posted or scheduled. When I see blank days ahead, I know I’ve got to work up a new batch of topics.
On Facebook, you can save items as drafts or schedule them for the future. If you want to share another page’s item in the future, you can save it by clicking on the upside-down carat (^) on the upper right of the post.
Saving posts is also a good way to keep items by businesses that have a great social media model to follow. Why try to reinvent the wheel?
I hope some of these ideas will fuel your news feed. Have suggestions that you’d like to share?
PS Web Essentials – Connect with more customers
☎︎ (419) 348-5329 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit PS Web Essentials on Facebook!