Paula Pyzik Scott
Owner of PS Web Essentials LLC and PS Editorial Services (2014–)
- Manage web content including online listings, social media, and websites.
- Create print materials including flyers, brochures, and newsletters.
- Create offline digital ads for movie theater display.
- Provide research, copywriting, updating, editing, and proofreading services.
- Serve clients directly and as a subcontractor.
Freelance copywriter and editor (1994–)
- Provided monthly website content and social media updates for clients of WebArt of Toledo, Ohio, 2015.
- Edited and uploaded content to Bluffton Icon and Ada Icon, local online news sources, 2014.
- Provided compilation, writing, editing, and proofreading services for 2012 and 2014 editions of Explore Bluffton, the Bluffton [Ohio] Area Chamber of Commerce visitor’s guide.
- Researched, compiled content, and designed “Home Grown, World Renowned–Triplett Meters” photo and product display with Ropp Triplett; installed at Bluffton Town Hall, 2012.
- Proofread copy and compiled calendar entries for Bluffton News (weekly), 2006-2008.
- Provided research, compilation, writing and copyediting services for reference publisher Gale Research/The Gale Group, 1994-2006.
- Copyedited entries for Fitzroy Dearborn reference series, including essays written by ESL contributors for Encyclopedia of Gardens: History and Design, 2001.
- Copyedited academic presentations and articles for Ohio Northern University faculty.
Ohio Northern University, Communication Skills Center, Ada, Ohio (2006–2014)
- Tutored students and faculty writing in all disciplines. Guided revision process and taught strategies for reviewing writing. Read drafts aloud and provided on-the-spot feedback.
- Video-recorded and reviewed presentations. Discussed how to improve physical, vocal, and verbal qualities.
- Conducted and video-recorded mock interviews. Showed students how to proofread and polish resumes, cover letters, and personal statements.
Adult Services Coordinator
Bluffton Public Library, Bluffton, Ohio (2012–2013)
- Developed programs and fundraising events. Made new contacts and created relationships with area businesses and organizations, generating donations and outreach services.
- Wrote and proofread press releases, publicity materials, and social media posts.
- Helped patrons find information, select materials, and use public technology. Led book discussions.
Bluffton Center for Entrepreneurs, Bluffton, Ohio (2010–2012)
- Provided office management and communication support for non-profit business incubator.
- Assisted director and board members with planning benefit art auctions, annual meetings, and business plan contests.
- Wrote press releases, newsletters, and reports. Maintained web site using Drupal content management system.
Municipal Production Coordinator
City of Livonia, City Channel 8, Livonia, Michigan (1986–1994)
- Developed new municipal cable television channel. Programming included live public meetings, sports, and information about city services. Worked as producer, director, videographer, and editor.
- Trained and supervised staff, interns, and volunteers. Maintained production equipment and stock footage library.
- Wrote scripts, promotional copy, and newsletter column.
Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Major in communication; secondary concentration in English literature
Mac and PC platforms; Drupal, WordPress, and GoDaddy web content management; basic HTML coding, advanced word processing, research using databases and search engines.
Village of Bluffton Zoning Board of Appeals, 2015–, Friends of the Bluffton Public Library, 2009–12; Reading tutor, Bluffton Elementary School, 2004–2009; Copywriter, Bluffton Blaze of Lights, 2004–2006; Technical advisor, ONU English Department newsletter, 1995–1997.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Reading, travel, classic films, making clothes patterns, singing and playing the ukulele.